Great natural source of essential fatty acids! Supports healthy HDL cholesterol ratios.*
What is Vitacost Certified Organic Hemp Oil?
Vitacost Certified Organic Hemp Oil is an edible, cold-pressed oil that can be drizzled on vegetables, salads, pasta, rice, cereal and more—or add it to yogurt or smoothies. It may also be taken alone.
Hemp is a plant documented as having been cultivated for thousands of years. It’s widely used today in foods and other commercial products. Hemp oil is comprised of about 80 percent essential fatty acids (EFAs).
How does Vitacost Certified Organic Hemp Oil support health?
- The body requires a balanced ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 essential fatty acids to maintain optimal health. The average American diet has an essential fatty acid ratio of 20-25:1. Ideally, it should be 3:1. Hemp oil can be an important addition in attempt to achieve the optimal range.*
- Supports healthy HDL cholesterol ratios already in normal range when taking as little as two tablespoons per day.*
Why choose Vitacost Certified Organic Hemp Oil?
- Offers a healthy ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fatty acids.
- Supplies 2.1 g of omega-3 and 6.6 grams of omega-6 EFAs per 1-tablespoon serving.
- BPA-free bottle
- Great value compared to other brands.
Typical Omega Fatty Acid Profile†
Omega 6: Linoleic Acid: 6.6 g
Omega 3: Alpha-Linolenic Acid: 2.1 g
Omega 9: Oleic Acid: 1.3 g
Omega 6: Gama-Linolenic Acid: 500 mg
Omega 3: Stearidonic Acid: 110 mg
†Amount of Omega fatty acids will vary slightly due to natural variations in the hemp oil.
Hemp oil is a 100% natural product; oil color or flavor may vary.
Vitacost Certified Organic Hemp Oil Non-GMO 24 fl oz (710ml)
Consume 1 tablespoon (15 mL) daily. Use in smoothies, salad dressings, vegetable/pasta dishes or your favorite food.
Keep dry and at room temperature (59°-86°F [15°-30°C]). For optimal freshness, keep refrigerated and use within 8-12 weeks of opening. Freezing unopened containers extends shelf life. To preserve nutrient content, do not use for frying or high-heat cooking (over 325°F [163°C]).